Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My House in Tennessee - 1993-1997










Journaling: This was my first venture 'away' from home - my second house purchase when I was transferred to west Tennessee. Smack dab in the middle of the small town where the plant was located, population 3,800. I guess I caused quite a stir when I moved in, being a single female and all! Built in 1904, and remodeled several times, the house was 3,400 square feet! I was pretty popular as a front seat for the annual Newbern Christmas Parade! There were 3 fireplaces, huge bedrooms, and a spectacular view out of the back room windows! I purchased several beds from Miss Anne, the previous owner, to fill the bedrooms! The house had been in her family since her Grandparents built it! On the weekend it was fun to walk down to the hardware store, take in a ceramic class, watch a play in the restored Historic Train Station, and wait for Miss Treva to pull up in the driveway and say "Let's go to Paducah!" or maybe Memphis or Nashville! As for the furniture, I found some papers tucked between the mattresses that linked Miss Anne's family to Charlotte Courthouse, Virginia! What a great first "home away from home" !

No comments: