Thursday, January 19, 2006

I Tripped Down Memory Lane!

was cleaning up old diskettes (yup, diskettes!) and came across this picture. a little trivia about me: i am trained to weld! and i've taught welding! this picture is of me preparing to make the first weld on the very first frame (for a toyota truck) to come off the assembly line of the plant in Owensboro, Kentucky! i was on the startup team for that greenfield operation and, being the only female staff member, they asked me to make the inaugurating weld! no matter that i welded the frame to the jig! it was all still very exciting!

in the 'big' picture, i'm right under the red arrow. the smaller picture is a close-up!















2 comments:

katie said...

I KNEW you were a woman of MANY talents, but I did not know welding was among them.
How cool is that.
And great that you have a picture as proof.

katie

Ruth.E said...

Goodness me, you really can do some amazing things. I do not weld, hated that type of thing in school but then again I hated sewing as well. Good on you for leading the way for women in non traditional women work.